Associate Analyst - Revenue Management
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 16-Jul-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Assist the Revenue Management Department by performing the following:
- Yield manage occupancy and ADR daily both short term and long term to maximize profitability; identify distressed periods and initiate recovery and contingency plans.
- Assist in analyzing the demand forecast for the property and participate in producing an accurate financial forecast for the property on a regular basis.
- Understand the needs of different market segments (e.g. Group business, business travel, leisure/FIT travel, casino, wholesale/internet, etc.) and work effectively with Hotel, Convention Sales/Operations Division to develop strategic programs as appropriate to maximize hotel's profitability.
- Participate in planning and developing programs for attracting and retaining customers, based on short and long term analysis of market conditions and hotel needs.
- Understand and effectively utilize computerized operational systems for the hotel – hotel property management system and sales and catering system.
- Manage efficiency of Revenue Management Software.
- Work to maximize room yield/value through control and rooms availability
- Develop and analyze required reports and statistics for driving Revenue and Profitability.
- Recommend rates and availability controls for different channels of distribution.
- Monitor and Analyze market and competitor trends and key performance metrics and recommend changes in strategies and tactics as appropriate
- Audit rates on all distribution channels to ensure they are updated correctly.
- Four-year college Degree.
- Degree in business, statistics, finance, hospitality management, or other analytical fields preferred.
- 1-2 years working experience preferred but not mandatory in an analytical field, or relevant studies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various hotel operation systems and revenue management software preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and VBA programming.
- Be a team player and enjoy working within a dynamic group environment
- Has a passion for revenue management and strong analytical ability.
- Be capable of logical thinking.
- Possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate findings and other data clearly and efficiently to executives and diverse audiences.
- Be meticulous, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and in an organized way.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and stressful environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English required.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- Have a well groomed, professional appearance.