Assistant VP, Trade Sales Advisory (Commercial Banking), Group Transaction Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
- Perform the role of a sales originator focusing on providing sales advisory to Commercial Banking clients and trade deals
- Identify new product and market opportunities to grow trade-related revenues and provide support in the formulation of trade business plans and strategy
- Execute trade sales strategies and initiatives targeting commercial banking clients of the bank
- Structure tailor made solutions to meet and exceed customer’s needs that will differentiate our solution and service standards
Skills and Experience
- More than 5 years of transaction banking experience in sales position focusing on Trade Finance
- Conversant in documentary trade and open account trade services and financing, both at the domestic and regional level
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Possess working knowledge of electronic banking delivery, Host-to-Host solutions, ERP, etc.
- Highly motivated team player with strong collaborative skills and initiatives
- Ability to articulate value propositions from a working capital perspective
- Good working knowledge of working capital solutions
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good presentation skills
- Minimum a recognised degree in a relevant field
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)