Assistant VP, Product Control & Governance, Group Risk Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Groupâ€™s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
You will be part of Global Product Control team. The primary focus of the role involves ensuring timely and accurate delivery of reporting and monitoring of business activities of Oversea Global Markets. The key responsibilities include Profit & Loss reporting/analysis, Stop Loss monitoring, Valuation Reserves, Profit & Loss reconciliation.
Based in Singapore, you will be required to work closely with Global Markets across different timezones and various stakeholders which includes Front Office, Back Office, Finance and onshore product controllers in oversea centers.
You should have a sound knowledge of global market business of the various locations as well as various front end systems used to generate profit & loss numbers. A good understanding of valuation concepts, methodologies and various parameters used for valuation of financial products. Familiarization with regulations governing the global markets business is ideal.
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 3-5 years of experience in the finance industry, those with prior experience in risk management, product control or audit will have an advantage
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Minimum Degree in Banking & Finance / Business or its equivalent professional certificates.
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Highly numerate and strong analytical skills.
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Must be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritize conflicting demands. To cover various timezones, staggered working hours may be necessary.
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Good team player who possess drive, initiative, have an eye for details and able to work independently under pressure to produce accurate and timely work.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)