Assistant VP, Merchant Partnership & Development
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.Job Responsibilities
The Relationship Manager must be able to achieve personal revenue goals by deepening existing relationships in assigned portfolio of merchants and acquire new business by utilizing effective sales and accounts management techniques.
A. Sales related:
- Meet sales target set by acquiring of new eCommerce/Retail merchants
- Grow and manage existing merchants, especially identified strategic large merchants.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through strong internal/external stakeholder and tight project management
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered (payments brands/channels supported, reporting tools etc) and sell-in available solutions to solve merchant’s payment collections needs
- Ongoing review to improve yield from existing portfolio through better pricing or lower cost to serve
- Designing solutions for acquiring, growing and retaining business
- Drive root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Problems resolution, including escalation of issues to the correct department
- Tracking on Outstanding Payments of Merchant Accounts and ensure A/R are within the aging period
- Performing AML/KYC procedures, On-Going Review and associated operational paperwork for assigned portfolio of merchants
- Invoicing of services rendered and identifying inactive accounts for action
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
B. Implementation related:
- Lead process-reengineering and other projects
- Monitor competition and perform pricing, product analysis
- Assist in implementation of merchant accounts to allow them to ultimately be able to accept credit cards and/or wallet payment successfully
- Manage all payment and technical related issues raised by merchants. This includes technical and operational-related investigations
- Be the Project coordinator and key support for implementation for e-Commerce clients
- Gather requirements from merchants regarding their retail and e-Commerce set up, draw up the solutions flow and design the transaction solution that satisfy the merchant’s requirements
- Degree holder with 4-5 years of relevant experience in a financial IT industry or payments business preferable.
- Good commercial acumen with excellent communication (oral & written) and presentation skills
- Good relationship management skills and ability to influence/persuade internal / external stakeholders across all levels
- Project management
- Strong technical skills and e-Commerce/Retail payment functionalities
- Familiar with banking systems and AMC/KYC processes
- Working knowledge of card & payments business (preferred)
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)