Assistant VP / Manager, Risk & Control - Trade Operations
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Assist Line Manager/Head of Trade Operations in operationalizing Compliance Policies & Guidelines/ Regulatory Requirements.
- Perform periodic review & sampling checks on key activities undertaken by the various units to ensure compliance/adherence with internal controls and regulatory requirements and ensuring that the review process is robust. Report findings, recommending corrective actions and preparing trend analysis for management review.
- Liaise with Group Compliance/Operational Risk Management (as 1st Line of Defense) on all operational risk management matters.
- Undertake ad-hoc MI/project/remediation related to business/regulatory controls
- A recognized university degree with at least 3 to 5 years of working experience in the banking industry, preferably in a Control & Monitoring environment.
- Trade product knowledge and experience in Trade Operations would be an advantage
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Attention to details and willing to learn.
- Matured and good interpersonal skill to deal effectively with business partners and stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good team player as well as ability to work independently.
- Good analytical skills
- Positive attitude and integrity
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)