Assistant VP / Manager, Policy & Advisory - Sanctions, Group Compliance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Group Compliance is a strategic partner and trusted business enabler to the Board and Senior Management to ensure that the Bank continuously fulfills its AML/CFT regulatory obligations in the current tight and dynamic regulatory landscape.
We work closely with our internal stakeholders to identify and assess underlying regulatory risks; develop practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements; and actively shape and promote stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.
The competitive business environment and constant product innovation coupled with the ever evolving regulatory landscape propel the compliance function to go beyond regulatory advisory to focus on active risk identification and management, instilling a robust regulatory compliance control framework and active participation in the provision of sound and sustainable solutions to meet the Bank’s emerging needs.
In line with this new direction, we are looking for strategic and forward-looking individuals with sound understanding of the banking business operations to join our dynamic team in Group Compliance Sanctions Division to:
- Drive the reviews of transactions and deals to ensure conformity with sanctions laws and regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Review of regulatory and correspondent banks inquiries related to sanctions compliance.
- Assist in the implementation and upkeep of sanctions policies and procedures, training and risk assessment.
- Assist in the design, develop, implement and maintain Sanctions Compliance Program and practices; risk identification mechanism and establish standards to be met by all regions and monitor adherence to program effectiveness.
- Assist in the collaboration with the Group AML Advisory, AML Regional and country compliance teams, Internal Audit and other control functions to ensure that sanctions compliance policies and procedures meet current regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across the Bank.
- Monitor developments on sanctions related laws and regulations and maintain up to date policies, procedures and practices.
- Good knowledge and experience in international financial sanctions laws and regulations.
- At least 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in compliance, audit or operations risk.
- Good writing and communication skills with ability to develop a strong working partnership with external and internal stakeholders.
- Team player and analytical thinking with an eye for details
- Ability to work minimal supervision for more experience staff
- High personal standard of ethics, integrity and commitment to fulfilling the objectives of the position.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)