Assistant VP/Manager, Group Operational Risk, Group Credit & Risk Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Groupâ€™s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
- Prepare monthly risk reports for ORMC, RCC and quarterly risk reports for BRMC
- Central coordinator to collate data points for BSBC239 reporting, risk reports and group risk appetite
- Prepare analysis of reported incidents and management risk awareness and run monthly risk roundtables
- Actively follow up with stakeholders on various ORM matters
- Subject matter expert for Incident Reporting (IRF), Management Risk Awareness (MRA) and Management Dashboard
- Involve in UAT for change request/enhancement/regression testing in GRC
- Owner of General Ledger vs GRC reconciliation of operational loss for entire group
Operational Risk Management (Group Wholesale)Â
- ORM manager working closely with Line Risk Control Manager (LRCM) in GWB to ensure ORM programmes (including KCRSA, KORI, PP, Outsourcing etc.) are delivered in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly risk & control report for reporting to GWB management
- Prepare bi-annual function head deck for engagement with function head
- Work closely with LRCM in GWB in raising IRF & MRA and provide GORM comments in GRC
- Attend business meetings with GWB management team, COO, risk and control officer, LRCMs, prepare minutes and proactively follow up on take-away actions and see to satisfactory closure
- Provide classroom trainings to LRCM in GWB on all ORM programmes
- Manage team admin matters
- Min 4 years of relevant experience in Banking industry
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Strong communication skillÂ
- Excellent MS excel and Powerpoint skills
- Able to work independently and also a team player
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)