Assistant VP / Manager, Global Markets Structuring - FX & IR Structurer
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Global Market function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clients’ investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes.
Global Markets Structuring (GMS) is a multi-asset structuring desk within UOB Global Markets and Investment Management. The team is responsible for developing, pricing, structuring as well as the execution of derivative products and structured solutions relating to all asset classes. The team is an integral part of the bank’s strategic business initiatives to better leverage upon its large and deep customer base across the region, where it has tangible strengths and depth of client relationships.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute as well as develop with the expansion of the desk, which has a wide mandate and exciting growth opportunities. We are looking for motivated, disciplined and team-oriented individuals who want to be part of a dynamic team with growth opportunities within a large, stable regional banking group with established local presence across key Asian growth countries.
- Provide accounting advisory on derivative products
- Assist the regional team in keeping track of all product approvals in a central database
- Test, develop and roll-out new products and payoffs. Must be able to piece together and break down exotic options embedded into structures across the relevant asset classes
- Take the lead in obtaining the necessary buy-in and approvals from all relevant internal stakeholders when launching new products
- Help sales translate specific client needs into tailor-made solutions
- Generate and promote trade ideas based on thematic, regional and market-specific trends.
- Deliver training and education on FX and IR products to internal and external audience
- Face clients to explain structures together with Sales and also manage internal trading & support groups
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in an accounting-related field or in structuring & trading of FX, interest rates & commodities products
- High-energy individual with a passion for the financial markets, and an entrepreneurial, self-motivated spirit.
- Positive attitude, lateral thinker who can show initiative and creativity
- Exhibit a high level of technical expertise with originating and pricing derivative-embedded client solutions across FX, IR and commodity products
- Strong analytical ability to solve problems and influence across businesses, functions and support teams within the Bank
- Meticulous, organized and with a sharp eye for details
- A combination of technical expertise (derivatives pricing, Quant Finance, programming, CFA, FRM) and formal business related qualifications or experience is advantageous (MBA, Accounting, Economics, Masters in Finance or similar)
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)