Assistant VP / Manager, Credit Analyst (Fixed Income/Developed Market), UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.Job Responsibilities
We are currently seeking to recruit a Fixed Income Credit Analyst to join our Developed Markets credit research team. Located in Singapore, this individual will cover the Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) sectors primarily in the Developed Markets (North America, UK, European, Japan and Australia). He/she will be fully integrated into the investment process and will be expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to a broad range of client portfolios, as well as to help shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, the individual will regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at the firm including other analysts in fixed income credit research, portfolio managers and equity analysts. Over time, the successful individual is expected to take on increasing portfolio management responsibilities and represent portfolio strategy, positioning and outlook to stakeholders.Job Requirements
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a fundamental and quantitative orientation (knowledge of quantitative tools will be useful). Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years analyzing TMT (with current or prior work experience in fixed income research, equity research, rating agencies, bank regulatory agencies, audit firms or central banks). Those who are not currently in investment management or research and with a passion for a front office investment management role are encouraged to apply
- Be able to or have a keen interest to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction.
- Closely monitor financial and economic news to keep track of market trends, opportunities, risk factors and potential investment opportunities
- Possess a basic understanding of investment concepts and intellectual curiosity
- High level of initiative and either experience or demonstrated willingness to learn developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations
- Strong analytical and communications skills (both written and oral).
- Be comfort dealing with uncertainty and risk
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of investment professionals. A willingness to take ownership of strategy performance and development critical
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)