Assistant VP, Investigator, Integrated Fraud Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
Integrated Fraud Management (‘IFM’) is a function set up in Sept 2016.
In the 2nd Line of Defence, IFM’s Strategy and Target Operating Model involves:
- drive collaboration between functions
- take on a strategic role in proactively managing frauds within the Bank
- put in place appropriate strategies, resources and risk assessments to mitigate regulatory, financial and reputational implications associated with fraudulent activities
- as the 2nd Line of Defence, establish effective structure avoiding duplication across all 3 Lines of Defence
- Reports to Head of Fraud Investigation and is responsible for conducting internal and external fraud investigations at UOB Singapore and other countries when assigned.
- Handle Internal and External Fraud Investigations.
- Identify and review evidence and documents to analyze the overall case and synthesize data into a professional fraud investigation report with recommendations.
- Identify and review the weakness of current control process and recommending enhancements to prevent the re-occurrence of fraud activities.
- Collaborate investigation with relevant business units in UOB Singapore.
- Provide fraud advisory to the Business Units.
- Perform any special review and/or ad hoc project assigned by Head of Fraud Investigation or Head of Integrated Fraud Management.
- Excellent oral and written English
- Preference to those with law enforcement background
- Minimum 5 years of fraud investigation experience in finance or insurance industry
- Understanding of fraud risk management
- Sound understanding of banking practices for effective remediation plans with business lines
- Ability to engage and influence senior leadership in a professional setting
- Good team player who possesses drive, initiative, an eye for detail and able to work independently under pressure
- An all-rounder with willingness to learn new skills, be flexible and grow with the Division
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)