Assistant VP, Integrated Fraud Management - Reporting & Administration
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
You will be part of the new Integrated Fraud Management (‘IFM’) Division within Risk Management, in the 2nd Line of Defence.
Based in Singapore, this role supports UOB Group to manage the Reporting portion of IFM’s Strategy and Target Operating Model (“TOM”), which has the Group mandate to:
- drive collaboration between functions
- take on a strategic role in proactively managing frauds within the Bank
- put in place appropriate strategies, resources and risk assessments to mitigate regulatory, financial and reputational implications associated with fraudulent activities
- as the 2nd Line of Defence, establish effective structure avoiding duplication across all 3 Lines of Defence
Key experience areas: data analysis, management reporting, anti-fraud, administration
Excellent career prospects for self-starter looking for progression and expansion into the fraud space
Geographical coverage: UOB Group
- Consolidate data and prepare regular management information reports to internal stakeholders and Committees, at Management and Board level
- With all IFM workstreams, design insightful metrics that summarises and highlights risk areas, patterns and trends in a meaningful manner
- Work with various data sources such as internal investigations database and external data feeds
- Generate professional looking slides on powerpoint
- Excellent information analysis skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Extract and prepare information for regular reports to MAS and other internal departments
- Perform open-source intelligence search
- Support investigators in interview sessions as witness
- Support all office administration including, but not limited to, physical / system access request, procurement, vendor payment, fixed asset stock take, office upkeep, booking of meeting rooms, verify Division’s staff claims, etc.
- Perform data extraction of sensitive data when required and transfer of data to requestor
- Perform monthly reconciliation of sensitive data view/download
- Coordinate and liaise with participants and external vendors for Division-led trainings
- Assist Division Head with annual budget exercise
- Support development of IFM newsletter and other presentation slides
- Maintain the Division’s Sharepoint and intranet site
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by Group IFM e.g. represent the Division for miscellaneous initiatives, office decorations, etc.
- Excellent numerical literacy
- Good written English
- Meticulous, articulate and logical thinker
- Experience in the risk management space, preferably in fraud risk management and management reporting, would be ideal.
- Must be educated to at least Degree level
- Banking operations knowledge is advantageous
- Advance MS Excel skills. Proficiency in VBA, SQL, SAS and/or other database query and analysis tools would be ideal.
- Good team player who possesses drive, initiative, an eye for detail and design, and able to work independently under pressure.
- A people’s person with willingness to learn new skills, be flexible and grow with the Division.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)