Assistant VP, Group Retail Credit Transformation
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
Reporting to the Head of Group Credit (Retail) Transformation, the Analyst will work closely with all stakeholders across the organisation, supporting the Retail Credit team and other business stakeholders to drive process changes critical to successful retail credit transformation strategy for Digital Bank, with Avatec.ai joint-venture and other initiatives.
The Analyst will assist the Head of Group Credit (Retail) Transformation to drive momentum in a complex environment of numerous work-streams, key deliverables and multiple stakeholders.
Programme Management (70%)
- Support the delivery of the Retail Credit transformation programme for prioritized markets by Digital Bank, including managing across all work-streams and maintaining direction and appropriate pace.
- Support the Retail Credit teams to develop, execute and embrace transformation initiatives in order to deliver to the objectives of the Digital Bank.
- Assist in the managing of various risks, including but not limited to, credit risk, operational risk, regulatory risk and fraud risk in respect of the transformation program.
- Participate in the detailed design of change initiatives in line with Digital Bank strategies.
- Facilitate the implementation of key, high-profile initiatives across the region.
- Assist in the reporting of progress, including proposals for any required actions, to the Group Credit and the Digital Bank Senior Leadership Teams on periodic basis.
Stakeholder Management (30%)
- Build relationships and networks with stakeholders across the organisation including Avatec.ai, providing support and facilitating sessions where appropriate, with the business and other support functions.
- Work closely with key teams across the Group and Countries to drive and deliver change (e.g. Business, Credit, Operation, Technology, etc.).
- Assist the Head of Group Retail Credit Transformation to advise the Group Credit and the Digital Bank Leadership and working level teams on the credit strategies, process changes, implementation timescale, impact and benefits of Digital Bank initiatives.
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Good degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Team player with ability to work independently.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)