Assistant VP, Governance (Control Mgmt & Governance), Shared Infrastructure Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Works with other departments to facilitate audit/risk programmes including information gathering and directing compliance issues/audit queries to appropriate existing channels for attention
- Provides timely and regular reporting of assigned tasks such as monitoring and tracking statuses of audit/risk programmes to Management
- Measures effectiveness of actual process executions to ensure the compliance/adherence to standards
- Keeps abreast of changes in IT policies, standards and regulations
- Identifies process gaps and propose improvements when necessary
- Strives to be independent, reliable and professional
- Performs administrative tasks related to Governance including managing user access to compliance documents and tracking deliverables through various tools
- Good understanding of broad IT concepts especially in IT Operations, IT Infrastructure and/or ITIL
- Strong sense of risk awareness
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and resourceful
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to collaborate/coordinate and deliver in a cross-functional/matrix organization
- Experienced in IT audit or IT risk assurance is highly desirable
- Strong verbal communication skills in order to understand responses and convey complex information to stakeholders
- Strong written documentation skills including ability to explain reasoning, resolutions and complex explanations through written means
- Adept in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience in Sharepoint administration is a plus but not mandatory
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)