Assistant VP, Developer, Core Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Provide clarifications to current system behavior to Business Analysts in order for them to perform cost estimations for enhancements and projects
- Define and track detailed functional and technical requirements involving loans and credit limit applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional and technical teams including technical analysts, solution architect and technical teams, testing teams and other Host technical teams to clarify requirements
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes, user interface, functionality through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Work with multi-vendor teams to define and analyze requirements; perform impact analysis
- Assist the project team in issue resolution to meet the requirements and timelines
- Prepare functional and technical specifications design documentation and provide walkthrough to the relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Technical Delivery Managers & Subject-Matter-Experts from different functional areas, to collate, understand and finalize functional and technical requirements
- Collaborate with Architects and Development Managers to ensure solution design complies with enterprise design principles, security and control standards
Project Delivery Management
- Plan technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet Project’s requirements within schedule
- To be responsible for the delivery of project technical deliverables by self, assigned staff or vendor
- Plan & collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution
- Perform reviews and quality assurances on code and documentation deliverables.
- Provide timely status updates on technical delivery to the project management office and/or department leadership team
- Escalate project issues on timely basis to project managers/ team lead and determine workarounds or resolution with stakeholders
- Partner with Test Manager to review completeness of test scenarios and ensure completion of SIT, UAT testing, regression, performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Prepare technical implementation plan for Core Banking credit applications
- Attend to issues unravelled during project duration (requirements confirmation, development, SIT/UAT and implementation stages) and work with teams to determine/agree resolution
- Provide post implementation warranty support and briefing to Production Support team on the changes introduced into Production environment.
- Collaborate with Production Support team on incident resolution and provide timely Level 3 production fixes support.
- Knowledge in loans and credit limit domain in wholesale or retail banking industry
- Knowledge in Silverlake’s banking software suite will be a bonus
- Advantageous to have knowledge in RPG, CL programming, C on AS400 platform
- Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines
- Relevant Experience in Banking / Finance / IT
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Knowledge in Agile development methodology is a plus
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)