Assistant VP, Developer, Core Banking, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Responsible for all aspects of software development and production support (Level 3) for multiple applications from functional specifications to production implementation and post implementation support; using established methods and technologies with off-the-shelf or custom solutions delivered using a combination of internal staff (application teams, IT partners, business partners), Â contractors and vendors.
- Work withÂ business analysts, architects, designers and software developers to deliver projects and change requests
- Work withÂ business stakeholders expectation and establish alternative solutions that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Review solution design and effort estimates withÂ the team and prioritize projects and change requests assigned to the team
- Develop and manage technical team members in a conducive team environment
- Lead / work with multi-vendor teams to successfully deliver solutions, manage multi-vendor teams to work amicably to support the bankâ€™s commitments
- Anticipate and resolve any development issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions as necessary
- Resolve issues ensuring escalation and communication to stakeholders as necessary
- Lead or contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of SIT, UAT testing, performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Prepare technical implementation plan across application teams
- Coordinate technical implementation activities across applications in-charged to ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support
- More than 6 years of relevant analysis, design, development, testing and project management experience related to ATM / Payments eg. ATM cash deposit/withdrawal, Funds Transfer, NETS EFTPOS, SATM, FAST/PayNow, local / cross region payment transaction processing, internal/external settlements, GL generation/posting
- Knowledge in banking software for both wholesale and retail banking industry
- Knowledge in banking applications such as Current Account/Savings/Fixed-Deposits, ATM/Internet banking/Mobile/QR Code applications will be an added advantage
- Advantageous to have good knowledge in COBOL, RPG, CL programming, C, on AS400 platform. Added advantage to have knowledge on Unix/Scripting on Open System platform
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in related disciplines or equivalent experience
- Relevant Experience in Banking / Finance / IT; good knowledge in financial services policies, procedures, products and industry practices
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills â€“ demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Knowledge in Agile development methodology is a plus
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)