Assistant VP, Data Innovation Lead, Data Analytics & Digitalisation, UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.
- The Digital Innovation Lead is responsible for crafting and driving digital adoption initiatives within the firm. This entails providing counsel and rally stakeholders, raising literacy and adoption of technology across the region.
- Establish a culture where the digital adoption initiatives will be self-organized, and self-initiated.
- Introduce and drive new approaches, processes and techniques in supporting of business long term goals. The role will be a key catalyst in getting stakeholders to think-out-of-the-box, and leading change through the various digital initiatives and adoptions.
- To link business long-term goals, with decisions, operations and business analysis through the adoption of pioneering technologies. Works closely with 3rd party vendors, identifying proof-of-concepts opportunities, prototyping, leading to and piloting of digital solutions.
- Partnering closely with internal key business stakeholders and external industries players to establish a pipeline of exploration and experimental technologies.
- Establish and track digital adoption plans that will support business desired outcomes through collaboration with key business stakeholders to drive new growth and opportunities for UOBAM
- Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / Finance (or equivalent) with minimum 7 to 10 years of working experience in Financial industry
- Strong experience in business consulting, running business discovery workshops, leading digital proof-of-concepts
- Demonstrate sharp business acumen, relevant experience with business technology strategy and execution experience, excellent project management, communication and team collaboration skills
- Clear communicator (written, verbal, interpretive) and creative thinker – to ensure ability to write documentation, and communicate with business analysts and developers and stakeholders
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to present issues and resolutions in a persuasive manner to senior decision makers in a matrix organisation
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Highly creative, and constantly think out of the box. Value-add by bringing new perspectives from other industries
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives and able to conduct prototypes and piloting experimental technologies
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)