Assistant VP, Data Governance Lead, Data Analytics & Digitalisation, UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.
- Establish a regional data governance structure for UOBAM, putting in place policies, rules and internal controls of data management. The candidate will lead the design of protocols, which will define what data type and when it is to be collected.
- Drive and ensure all elements of data are consistent and governance regionally
- Assist in planning, monitoring progress and ensures the deliverables provided is accurate and meets expectations. The candidate will provide consulting services to identify the critical data elements within the data domains and define control measurements for monitoring and assurance.
- Be the thought leader in data acquisition topics, quality assurance, completeness, accuracy & consistency, incorporating effective data governance across the firm’s data landscape
- Lead continuous improvement of the data governance program
- Keep up to date with the regulatory requirements such as GDPR and PII and to establish controls to ensure that the firm adheres to the regulatory requirements and cross-country data regulations.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and system best practices and standards set forth by bank policies and requirements
- Develop and lead programs to ensure the completeness, accuracy and consistency of data so that it meets the standards of quality expected for reporting.
- Provides regular trainings to users on data usage and data definition
- To be able to work cross-functionally with various parties and across regions to ensure effective communication and implementation of data policies
- Degree in Computer Science / Finance (or equivalent) with minimum 7-10 years of relevant working experience in Financial industry
- Clear communicator (written, verbal, interpretive) – to ensure ability to write documentation, and communicate with business analysts and developers and stakeholders
- Creative and critical-thinking in problem-solving, and appreciates details with ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Sense of ownership / responsibility with assignments with can-do attitude
- Independent worker with excellent time management and strong organisational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-centric and multi-hatted environment
- Highly proficient with data governance methodologies
- Prior experience in finance industry with exposure to the financial trade lifecycle
- Good understanding of financial terminology and definitions with data management and governance experience
- Prior or existing experience in digital initiatives
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)