Assistant VP, Credit Analyst, Fixed Income (Emerging Markets), UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
UOB Asset Management is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Fixed Income Financial Institutions Credit Analyst to join our Emerging Markets credit research team. Career changers with a strong background analyzing financial institutions are encouraged to apply. Located in Singapore, this individual will be primarily responsible for covering banks and financial institutions in EM ex-Asia. He/she will be fully integrated into the investment process and will be expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to a broad range of client portfolios, as well as to help shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, the individual will regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at the firm including other analysts in fixed income credit research, portfolio managers, and equity analysts.
The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a fundamental and quantitative orientation. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Background in analyzing financial institutions (with current or prior work in fixed income research, equity research, rating agencies, bank regulatory agencies, audit firms or central banks). Those not currently in investment management or research and with a passion for a front office investment management role are encouraged to apply
- Ability or keen interest to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction.
- Closely monitor financial and economic news to keep track of market trends, opportunities, risk factors and potential investment opportunities
- A basic understanding of investment concepts and intellectual curiosity
- High level of initiative and either experience or demonstrated willingness to learn developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations
- Strong analytical and communications skills (both written and oral).
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty and risk
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of investment professionals. A willingness to take ownership of strategy performance and development critical
- Assist portfolio manager with managing portfolios from time to time such as managing liquidity requests, portfolio restructuring and other account maintenance. Over time, the successful individual is expected to take on increasing portfolio management responsibilities and represent portfolio strategy, positioning and outlook to stakeholders.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)