Assistant VP, Counterparty Credit Risk Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Groupâ€™s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
AVP (Contract), Counterparty Credit Risk System
This role will be part of the group-wide initiative to roll-out new counterparty credit risk system globally across multiple locations. This role will design & execute test cases to ensure proper end-to-end implementation of counterparty risk exposure computation methodology within tight project timelines. This role will also assist in the day-to-day investigation of counterparty limit breaches & provide advisory to the front office & credit monitoring team on the necessary follow-up actions required. This role is part of the Counterparty Credit Risk team which is responsible for modelling, measurement & management of counterparty credit risk for the entire Group.
- Understand the counterparty credit risk exposure computation methodology for different derivative products
- Develop test cases & perform user acceptance testing (UAT) within tight project timelines
- Liaise and work closely with IT, external vendor & front office to ensure successful execution of test strategy
- Work with quantitative experts within the team to understand risk requirements and translate them into functional/technical requirements
- Investigate counterparty limit breaches & provide advisory to front office & credit monitoring team on the necessary follow-up actions required
Required skills and knowledge
- Diligent, self-motivated with ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong excel skills to analyse data & perform calculations
- Familiarity with derivative products and/or counterparty credit risk management is a plus
- Prior experience with IT projects related to treasury systems is preferred
- Bachelor degree in Banking & Finance, Business or a quantitative/computation field
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)