Assistant VP, Corporate Governance, UOB Asset Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
The role will be part of the Governance team who oversee the policies and procedures and implementation of good corporate governance and practice in UOBAM and its subsidiaries. The successful candidate is required to work closely with Group Compliance, Legal, Finance and Audit (both internal and external). In this role, you are also required to assist the Head of Corporate Governance and to implement UOB/UOBAM relevant Policies to UOBAM and its subsidiaries.
- Conduct pre-audit review on all entities via data analytics and documents sampling
- Review incident reports on breaches and conduct follow-ups
- Coordinate and review inputs for MAS surveys and questionnaires
- Prepare and collate monthly reports for management reporting
- Manage complaints
- Monitor audit findings
- Review manuals prior to management endorsement and marketing materials
- Attend new product launches and operational meetings
- Respond to due diligence questionnaires from clients
- Degree-holder in Banking / Finance / Accountancy and preferably with 5 years relevant working experience in similar environment.
- Familiar with the front and back office processes and controls of asset management companies
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Must be driven, independent, responsible and highly adaptable to changes
- Strong analytical skills, proactive, able to think creatively and work independently with excellent verbal and written skills to effectively interact with colleagues and external parties of all levels
- A good team player
- Meticulous, analytical and able to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office applications, knowledge of coding / Python will be advantageous
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)