Assistant Vice President / Vice President - Clearing Risk Management
Asia Pacific Exchange Pte. Ltd| Date Posted: 19-Aug-2019
Senior Manager, Top Management
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, we are currently looking for a risk professional with CCP Clearing Risk experience to join the APEX Risk Management Team.
The Job Descriptions:
- Perform effective and comprehensive management of APEX’s clearing risks in accordance to approved Risk policies.
- Develop / validate appropriate risk models such as for margining, haircut, settlement pricing, stress testing for APEX Clear.
- Perform credit scoring to rate APEX’s members and counterparties.
- Review and update risk policies and procedures to reflect IOSCO-PFMI guidelines, regulatory requirements and direction of the Board Risk Committees.
- Lead new initiatives such as enhancements to policies, procedures, reports, systems to support new products or risk projects.
- Review and test APEX’s contingency plans, including default management and recovery plans to ensure smooth operability.
- Identify new opportunities and/or gaps to improve data quality and existing reporting processes
- Preferably master’s degree in a numerate discipline with at least 6 to 8 years of experience managing the risks of a clearing house.
- Strong knowledge of risk models and methodologies
- Strong quantitative skills, preferably with working knowledge of programming languages / software such as Python, R, Matlab, Excel, VBA
- Strong analytical ability to analyse risk related issues and deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Knowledge of financial / exchange products.
- Strong communicator with oral, written and presentation abilities in English and Mandarin (to liaise with Chinese-speaking counterparties)
- Professional qualifications like CFA, FRM will be considered favourably
Asia Pacific Exchange Pte. Ltd