Assistant Security Officer, Corporate Real Estate Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals.
Corporate Real Estate Services
We manage and administer matters relating to real estate on behalf of the Group. These include lease management, facilities management, as well as security and general service matters.Job Responsibilities
The role of an assistant security officer (ASO) under the UOB Group Security Department is responsible for the supervision of security wardens(SW) & Security agency's guards.
This appointment is equivalent to that of senior security officer (SSO) under PWM.
Job responsibilities includes:
- Co-ordinate daily physical security requirements under the command & control purview of UOB Group Security;
- Conduct checks and patrol at the various duty posts to ensure security wardens (SW) and outsourced security officers do not infringe rules and regulations and perform their duties according to the standard operational procedures;
- Operate & monitor Security & Safety Systems (CCTV, ACS, IDS) as required within security control room &/or at FCC
- Co-ordinate the evacuation of staff/ tenants/ visitors during emergency situation
- Administratively, assist security supervisor in the management of access card, &/or staff badge, systems
- Provide security coverage for senior management at corporate functions/ events/ residence
The role of ASO is equivalent to that of the SSO under the PWM, and thus requires candidate to achieve following WSQ security modules which are mandatory regulatory requirement by Police licensing.
He is required to achieve competency in these 2 modules within 6 months of appointment, should he not achieve these qualifications:
• Manage disorderly conduct & threatening behaviour
• Operate basic security equipment
This role requires candidate to have basic supervisory skills & knowledge, and preferably possess security level 2 skills & knowledge proficiency. This latter is equivalent to the qualification as required from an auxilliary police officer.
Candidate needs possess a proactive mindset and dilligence in his dealings at work.
Candidate should be able put up basic incident reporting, and convey message/ information/ instruction in clear & concise manner. It will be preferred that candidate is IT savvy, and having basic knowledge in microsoft office applications.Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)