Assistant Retail Manager (The SMU Shop), OCCM
- General Operations
- Timely delivery and control of inventory items.
- Responsible for the security of cash collected and all store logistics processes, assist in inventory management.
- Recruit and train all student helpers in providing excellent customer service, customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Business Development and Client Management
- Promote products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new products that is desired by the clients.
- Identify product improvements or new products by understanding current industry trends and market activities.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization and retail standards.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing set KPIs/goals.
- Keep records and handling invoices in a timely manner
- Follow-up and provide service recovery, where necessary.
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring clients to purchase more or additional services
- Operations, Customer Service, Staff Management and Inventory
- Follow-up of orders, shipment schedules and logistic arrangements.
- Control the merchandising flow between storage and shop floor, and for pop-up stores.
- Execute in-store operations such as delivery services, customer services, shipping of products, and general upkeep and cleanliness of the store.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning student helpers; following up on work results.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training student helpers;
- Coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manage cash processes of the store; manage enquiries and respond to service enquiries.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Update of operations SOP, if there is any new changes made.
- Update daily / weekly reports, record sales figures and tally with sales receipt for Office of Finance.
- Take note of financial year event calendar of individual office to maximize sales opportunities.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Branding and Merchandising
- Maintain and update visual and promotional materials.
- Plan and execute marketing activities.
- Manage the visual merchandising of the shop.
- Conduct customer satisfaction survey.
- Update website on a quarterly basis
- Minimum Diploma; majoring in Retail, Arts or Mass Communication - related courses.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in the retail industry, preferably with experience in working in retail shops.
- Must have at least 1 year shop floor experience.
- Experience in retail, sales, merchandising, fashion design, or corporate sales is a plus.
- Pleasant personality with excellent communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous, pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve promotions.
- Ability to remain flexible and work independently.
- Ability to work after Shop operating hours and weekends as required.
This position is for Office of Corporate Communications and Marketing (OCCM)
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University