Assistant Programme Manager / Programme Manager, ExD
- This position is for SMU Executive Development (ExD).
- Act as the lead administrator in supporting the Academic/Programme/Client Director and teaching faculty in the planning, scheduling and delivery of a number of concurrent major executive programmes.
- Take a lead role in the team on the overall project management and programme delivery on assigned programmes from the design, communication plans, induction through to completion. Ensuring the tasks, quality and deadlines are met for each programme. You will alert the Client Director and Head of Ops and Admin (or partner if necessary) of any potential problems or delays in plans for each programme.
- Provide high-quality customer service to external and internal stakeholders and high-quality engagement with clients and participants.
- To facilitate good communications with clients and participants on pre-course preparations, in-class activities, evaluations and other essentials till completion of all modules.
- Manage programme budgets based on approved costing. Ensure complementary budgeting, forecasting and reconciliation of the expenditure.
- Coordinate and administer several programme schedules & a self-mastery in timeline management for executions according to Operations’ Standard Operating Protocol (SOP):
- Preparation and collation of programme materials and logistic arrangements prior to commencement such as faculty's materials, handouts, create and manage own programmes' folders (digital or physical), final course packs, booking of required onsite/offsite venue, working with caterer to customize menu till set-up inspection ready for delivery.
- Capture and encrypt contact information of clients and participants (database management for compliance in data protection). This includes proper handling of all intellectual property and/or copyrighted materials.
- Manage the faculty contracts, as well as external engagements; coaches, speakers, practitioners to ensure the work processes are consistent with the University’s policies.
- Work collaboratively with Client Relationship and Admin team in contracts, procurement, invoicing, collections and other related administrative tasks are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate with our Learning Manager in portal set up for uploads of programme materials.
- Coordinate with our Media Specialist to keep programme website updated, manage e-invite and e-direct mailers in selective programme registrations.
- Coordinate with necessary internal departments for AV support, security & IT as & when required.
- Provide in-class support to clients, participants and faculty needs, ensuring all aspects of programme run smoothly.
- Ensure evaluation process is followed for each of the programme delivered.
- Maintain record of attendances, documentations of certificates and updating of job card after each programme run.
- Support our Programme/Client Directors during debrief, suggesting improvements and enhancements to achieve optimal holistic programme experience for the client.
- Engage in appropriate short-term projects.
- Deputise for another Programme Management colleague during her absence as required.
- Contribute to the general morale and professionalism of the SMU-ExD team.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience, preferably in hospitality and/or higher education.
- Excellent team working skills with a flexible can-do approach, self-motivation, resilience and a willingness to adapt to the changing needs and priorities in your team. and across SMU.
- Flexible approach to working hours will be required, as post-holders may be asked to work outside normal office hours on occasion in connection with events and courses.
- Systematic, meticulous and highly-organised approach to work with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and time management skills, tolerance for ambiguity and the handling of multiple tasks essential.
- Able to demonstrate a personable and diplomatic approach in dealing with a diverse range of people, including international programme participants, senior visitors, academic staff and other members of the SMU.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and creative problem solving skills in making decisions. Acting agile towards programme’s delivery plan changes.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail when inputting data and providing information.
- Good IT skills including the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel, Powerpoint and the ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to travel for overseas delivery, whenever required.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University