Assistant Political Researcher
Assistant Political Researcher
Responsible for achieving the clear picture of the political developments and changes which could have an impact on the Republic of Singapore and the region and the interests of UAE, according to the Embassy's own strategy in line with the strategy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - UAE, and also clear about the most important achievements and successes the State of domestic and international stakeholders in the Republic of Singapore, and strengthen relationships with Embassy political officials and journalists in Singapore to serve the common interests between the two countries
- Keeping up to date with political sources released by government agencies, including press releases and reports
- Collect and analyze information. Follow-up news, political events, and statements about the UAE or on issues of interest to the UAE, made by officials in the host country. Prepare daily, weekly and periodic reports.
- Provide recommendations and policy proposals that contribute to developing and maintaining clear political positions in support of the bilateral relations of the UAE and the host country, to achieve consensus and convergence of views on the current policies of the host country
- Communicate with policy think tanks and research centers. Follow-up researches on UAE, Arab world, and international political issues. Analyze trends and policies of decision-makers, political parties, trade unions and the positions of non-governmental organizations in the host country.
- Prepare executive summaries, briefings, and reports on meetings, visits and political events of Mission and submit them to the Line Manager.
- Prepare transparent researches and reports about the current events, their developments and possible scenarios on the political scene of the host country and the most important regional and global developments in general.
- Contribute effectively to organizing, participating and attending political events organized or attended by the Mission. Prepare reports and minutes of meetings and follow-up the directives and recommendations of the Line Manager
- Track implementation of decisions of the joint committees between the UAE and the host country, bilateral agreements and treaties signed between the two sides, and humanitarian aid provided by the Mission in the host country
- Participate in welcoming and bidding farewell to guests, delegations and officials of the UAE and accompany them to attend conferences and meetings as directed by the Line Manager.
- Contribute to updating the Mission's website with news, reports and political activities and events held by the UAE and the Mission.
Experience Required & Qualifications
- Candidates must possess a University Degree - in political studies, journalism or a relevant related discipline.
- Proven 5 years work experience as a political analyst / researcher or related filed
- Effectively and proficiently bilingual (speech & written) in English and Arabic Language (MOTHERTONGUE) to liaise with Arabic speaking customers and associates.
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Solid experience with statistical analysis software and qualitative research tools
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to report on research findings clearly
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Current knowledge of news
- Integrity and morality
Skills and Behavioural qualities: -
- IT proficiency is a must, with competency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Arabic Language & Advance English Language (speech & written)
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Stress management with analytical & problem-solving skills
- Team work and readily adapts to new situations & way of working when required. Is receptive to changes and demonstrates a willingness to adapt to them effectively.
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates