Assistant Manufacturing Manager (AMM)
An assistant manufacturing manager helps in providing the production process and schedule, overseeing quality control and ensuring products are produced on time and projects completed within the deadline. Utilizing needed manpower resources, materials, machine & method. Create a timescale for production, supervising production processes and adjusting schedules when needed. Daily update of production activities to Operation Manager by end of the day.
**Other tasks of an assistant production manager include budgeting, AMM also responsible for procuring and monitoring the use of equipment’s. AMM also help in checking product standards and applying quality-control programs, liaising among different clients and departments, completing paperwork of the production manager and performing various tasks as assigned.
The work of an assistant manufacturing manager involves irregular hours, even during weekends or holidays. Most of the time, assistants need to extend their working hours, especially when meeting deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a 4M manufacturing System in the work shop. Train staff’s to understand Deliveries, Quality, Process Flow and Product knowledge.
- Update daily production Status to Production Manager before 5pm.
- Develop and manage tracking systems for analyzing production rates and product quality and identifying production issues before they arise
- Coordinate manufacturing staff to maximize efficiency, including creating the schedule, managing labor costs, giving instructions.
- Schedule of deliveries (to SG or Malaysia) or collection.
- Manage the inventory to ensure we always have the supply needed to complete production quotas quickly and efficiently, placing orders when necessary in advance so inventory is restocked before depletion
- Fulfill administrative duties, completing production reports. Overtime schedule overviews that detail production rates and worker performances.
- Schedule training programs for staff’s improvement at least twice a month. To maintain staff’s efficiency.
- Present production information to management, including solutions for potential improvement and strategies for implementing these suggestions.
- Contribute to the hiring process, making recommendations for which candidates are the most capable.
- Train new staff to ensure all employees are performing at the same level and all recruits reach this level within the first two weeks of employment.
- Ensure Safety at Work MUST be practice within factory premises and implement New Safety Rules when there’s a Near Miss or thru observation of unsafe method.
- Visit Malaysia factory (JB) at least twice weekly for factory reports on efficiency and work out improvement plan and execution.
- Ed-hoc duties assign by direct Superior.
- Diploma in Engineering with minimum 10 years hands-on experience in high Mix Low volume manufacturing environment.
- Good track record in leading a manufacturing operation
- Ability to Lead a production team to meet or exceed the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) set by Operation Manager. Eg.- Productivity, Quality, and On-Time delivery, etc.
Allied MFG Sdn Bhd