Assistant Manager -Warehouse, Airfreight
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 10-Feb-2021
Entry Level, Experienced
'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Responsible for staff performance and career development of warehouse staff. Ensure responsible team leads conduct training and personally preform the final check for staff comprehension.
- Taking the lead in investigation of service failures or damages to customers. When required, suggest corrective actions to prevent further re-occurrence. Follow up to ensure changes are adopted in warehouse.
- Manage vendors to ensure they keep high standards. Address failures promptly, maintain service failure log, and lead monthly business reviews.
- Be well versed in warehouse best practices such as safety, security, dangerous goods handling, good distribution practices, record keeping, system updates/integration, continuous improvement, and process flow/value stream mapping.
- Take responsibility for cost analysis in the warehouse. Appropriate allocation of manpower, use of consumables, and vendor payments.
- Develop data analytics to monitor and predict load for manpower allocation and prevent missed SLA.
- Take steps to improve operational excellence and productivity. Drive collaboration within the respective departments within Airfreight division in improving service and performance for key customers.
- At least a Diploma holder with 8 years of relevant experience or a Degree holder in Business or Systems Engineering with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Complete knowledge of Warehouse Operations and Procedures.
- Possess People Management Skills with Leadership qualities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Customer focus.
- Independent, exemplary and a team player.
Schenker Singapore Pte Ltd