Assistant Manager/Senior Assistant Manager - Procurement
Assistant Manager/Senior Assistant Manager, Procurement (3 year contract).
Additionally, we have received feedback from the hiring manager to source for candidates with procurement experience in government/stat boards.
Assistant Manager/Senior Assistant Manager, Procurement Responsibilities:
You will be reporting to the Deputy Director, Procurement. You will be responsible in performing the full spectrum of duties from the establishment of users’ requirements to the solicitation of prices, execution of orders and management of contracts and resources. Frequent consultations with the academic and administrative departments will be required.
· Manage the review and update of Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine)’s procurement policies and procedures.
· Work with internal Users to ensure compliance with LKCMedicine’s procurement policies and procedures.
· Establish, streamline and improve the procurement processes and workflow.
· Pro-active outreach to influence all levels through impactful communication, business partnering and collaboration to engage users to identify procurement levers & streamlining opportunities and contract management.
· Interface with internal and external auditors and legal counsel on procurement compliance.
· Manage the calling of quotations & tenders for User Departments by working with Users to understand their requirements.
· Establish Users’ requirements for sourcing, source, post quotations/tenders in Ariba electronic procurement system, receive bids, coordinate with Users on the evaluation of bids, issue awards, establish contracts and manage suppliers’ performance.
· Liaise with academic and administrative departments to coordinate the procurement of goods and services to support the current and new academic/research programs and administrative needs of the School.
· Oversee contract management, including stakeholder communication, contract utilization, performance monitoring and file/ records management.
· Assist in the preparation of budgets, expenditures and other related financial/administrative matters.
· Prepare management reports, procurement reports or any other ad-hoc reports that may be required from time to time.
· Conduct department engagements and briefings for new/existing staff.
· Handle and manage any form of procurement dispute.
· Any other duties as and when required and/or assigned from time to time.
· A recognised university degree in Business Administration is preferred.
· At least 3 years of relevant working experience in procurement.
· Preferably possess a good understanding of Government Procurement policies & procedures.
· Proficient in systems such as, Ariba electronic procurement system, SAP, etc.
· A strong command of English language is required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Cheerful disposition with the ability to build good rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
· A good team player with excellent customer service skills, effective negotiation and strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and under tight deadlines is essential
Business Edge Personnel Services Pte Ltd