Assistant Manager / Senior Assistant Manager, AR Collections (6-month contract)
- Supervise a team of Account Receivable executives.
- Ensure all receipts to SMU made via various modes (cash, cheque, e-payments) are recorded and posted into accounting system timely and correctly matched against student and corporate accounts.
- Participate in the bank reconciliation process.
- Reconcile daily collections of receipts.
- Plan for GIRO runs and ensure all necessary preparation and communication to students/customers are done.
- Ensure timely completion of all month-end financial closing tasks, including posting of all journals, preparation of bank reconciliation and audit schedules.
- Manage and issue receipts to customers promptly when requested.
- Manage the refund process to students, external organization such as corporates, CPF, MOE, Mendaki etc.
- Apply funds received from the external organization to student accounts including all financial assistance funds.
- Supervise and attend to queries from customers (students, parents, corporate) at the counter, email and mail.
- Participate in projects and/or other tasks that may be assigned by Reporting / Approving Officer.
- Ensure correct and efficient operations, including during matriculation and financial assistance process.
- Diploma in Accountancy, Business or a related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge, especially in identifying and posting bank receipts will be advantageous.
- Direct experience in managing customer enquiries is required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP FICO and Peoplesoft will be advantageous.
- A proactive team player but with the ability to work independently to meet tight deadline
- Results and service oriented individual who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate effectively with all level of staff.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University