Assistant Manager, Public Area Department
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 5-Sep-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- At all times ensure that the appearance of all Public Areas appears fresh and inviting to guests, thereby enhancing the guest experience.
- This encompasses both heart of house areas, and all Guest Areas that are not Room/Suite related.
- Maintain the Asset. Ensure that all Public Areas are maintained in an impeccable condition, thereby preserving asset value. This will require management of day to day and special periodic cleaning programs and processes.
- Provide supervision, direction and leadership to the Public Areas Team Members on all shifts, particularly through the Public Area Managers.
- Maintain all Public Areas operations within agreed upon financial guidelines which will be governed by labour and material costs
- Cater to the needs and requests of the internal and external guests of the Casino, MICE, Retail, and Entertainment departments.
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of the Public Areas.
- Help provide supervision, direction and leadership to the Public Areas Team Members on all shifts.
- Be proactive in safety and accident prevention. Ensure that all Team Members are adequately trained in the use of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals as well as lifting techniques and other potentially hazardous parts of their daily work.
- Tour the Resort daily to ensure a clean, safe and pleasing environment for all Guests and Team Members.
- Help manage operating costs, especially labour, productivity and operating supply consumption.
- Investigate and propose alternative products or processes to reduce expenses and/or improve quality and/or productivity.
- Help develop and implement clear, detailed training programs which match the needs of Team Members with a wide range of skills, languages and cultures.
- Supervise, train, schedule, mentor, develop and evaluate Public Area Team Members.
- Ensure all tasks are performed on time and according to safety standards.
- Help monitor and control consumption and wastage of equipment; guest supplies: cleaning supplies: and linen supplies.
- Help ensure that operating supplies are available in sufficient quantities, while minimizing the value of stock on hand.
- Recommend the timely replacement of supplies and equipment.
- Provide input in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
- Participate in research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes in anticipation of changing customer needs.
- Maintain close liaison with all other Departments so that their Public Areas operational needs are met by the Department.
- Assist in the establishment, implementation and monitoring of energy conservation procedures, in conjunction with the Director of Facilities.
- Help manage periodic cleaning programmes
- Ensure that all available computer systems are used to maximum effect.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Marina Bay Sands policies and within the realm of the Marina Bay Sands Company vision, mission and values.
Education & Certification
- Minimum High School diploma; College or University degree preferred.
- At least 2 years in a senior management role in a Deluxe Hotel Housekeeping Public Area or related environment.
- Experience in a large scale casino hotel operation would be seen as desirable.
- International Housekeeping practices
- Chemical and equipment fundamentals
- Work inside and out and continuously manoeuvre in and around all areas of the complex.
- Be prepared to work various shifts over the 24/7 time period, including weekends and public holidays.
- Possess good manual dexterity and be able operate all Housekeeping and office equipment.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Well rounded and comprehensive leadership competencies.
- Ability to operate and successfully arbitrate in a complex international, multicultural environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and motivational skills.
- Ability to drive consistent excellence in repetitive, process-driven tasks.
- Ability to organize staffing effectively, especially in the situation of fluctuating business volume.
- Able to address stressful client situations with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
Candidate with more experience will be considered for Manager role.