Assistant Manager, PPD
Position : Assistant Manager, PPD
Location : Irrawaddy Road
Contract : 364 days
Salary ranges from $2,700 - $3,200/mth depends on qualification and relevant working experience.
Summarise in one statement why your job exists; and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organisation (include contributions to the strategic outcomes of sector where possible).
The jobholder will be an Assistant Manager in People Performance Management (PPD), People Management Division (PMD), Manpower Department (MPD).
He/She provides staff support to Head (PPD) and Manager (PPD) in managing the appraisal, promotion and ranking of Senior and Junior Police Officers, and Civilian Officers.
He/She will be part of the Roving Team, and may have to provide on-site staff support to various Units / Divisions’ Internal Ranking Board meetings.
He/She is expected to perform the job functions listed in this document, as well as any other duties directed by Head PPD.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA)
- Preparation of Ranking Population for individual units / divisions.
- Total of more than 10000 officers’ data to manage, spread across 37 units.
- Preparation for individual unit / division’s Internal Ranking Board meeting
- Generating individual ranking population lists, split into the 3 schemes – Senior Police Officers; Junior Police Officers; Civilian Officers
- Generate and distribute PG quota to various units / divisions
- Upon consolidation of the above information, to generate and distribute the individual unit / division’s ranking population to the respective Head Manpower / Manpower Officer
- Compile individual unit / division’s preliminary ranking inputs, in preparation for Internal Ranking Board meeting
- To compile list of clarifications, if any.
- May be required to attend the off-site Internal Ranking Board meetings with Manager, to provide secretariat support
- To assist in scheduling various units for off-site Internal Ranking Board
- Compile list of officers who may be eligible for promotion, based on inputs from Internal Ranking Board
- Compiling of various forms for endorsement
- To ensure that all officers are accounted for, with accurate information, such as Years In Service (YIS), Years in Grade (YIG) etc.
- To ensure that IPPT / Shooting information tagged to each uniformed officer is accurate as it may affect ranking / promotion matters
- To ensure quota calculation for each unit / division is accurate
- To ensure that ranking population is distributed in a timely manner to Ground HR for their necessary preparation
- To ensure that Ground HR provides all necessary inputs / returns before the stipulated deadline
- To ensure unit Commander / Director receives the compiled ranking population, with the necessary inputs, before the off-site Internal Ranking Board meeting
- To ensure all officers who are eligible for promotion are included in the respective unit / division’s list
- To ensure unit Commander / Director receives the compiled list of officers who may be eligible for promotion
- To ensure unit Commander / Director provide necessary inputs for promotion, before stipulated deadline
Requirement : Min Diploma holder or above
- He/She is expected to work within tight timelines.
- He/She is expected to deal with large volume of data.
- Liaise with external agencies
- Track deadlines
- Understand and work with systems
- He/She is expected to maintain confidentiality of information at all times, as it concerns officers’ Ranking and Promotion matter
- Be able to think through and propose solutions for problems encountered.
- Microsoft Office skills such as Word and Excel is a must
- Microsoft Office skills in Access & Powerpoint is preferred
- Experience is Human Resource is preferred but not essential
- Experience in working with large volume of data
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
- Able to work with tight timelines
- Meticulous with an eye for detail
- Team player
- Responsible & self-driven to complete tasks within deadlines
Business Edge Personnel Services Pte Ltd