Assistant Manager, Operations and Administration (2-year contract), SMU Academy
- Oversee the quality of program delivery; manage client expectations.
- Responsible for all faculty, partner and vendor payment matters.
- Prepare all faculty/trainers contracts (SMU Faculty and External).
- Responsible for all Operational and Administrative matters for SMU Academy’s Business Management Pillar’s programmes with a focus on the Enterprise Leadership in Transformation (ELT) Programme.
- Provide comprehensive advising to potential ELT programme participants about opportunities available through the center.
- Provide pre and post-application advice to executives interested in the ELT programme, based on in-depth programme knowledge.
- Organise and allocate the right consultant to coach ELT participants’ businesses.
- Create and manage website content and marketing collateral; conduct information sessions and other outreach events to build interest in the ELT programme.
- Prepare participants for Internationalisation trips and experiences and conducting pre-departure orientations.
- Represent SMU Academy at conferences, site visits and events.
- Organising capability workshops post ELT Programme to transfer business knowledge in SMEs.
- Identify measures of success based on the ELT programme’s defined goals and priorities.
- Articulate how the different components of the programme work together to achieve the programme’s goals.
- Assess how the performance (of underperformance) of different components affects the achievement of the programme’s goals.
- Management reporting of performance to stakeholders, including tracking of performance vis-a-vis targets committed in the ELT programme.
- Provide business advisory service to SMEs so as to help them diagnose and identify problems, and followed by recommending areas for improvement, as part of SME development.
- Helping SMEs to transform and improve their business management capabilities.
- Advise SMEs on our Government various assistance funding programs and helping them navigate through many government assistance programmes and grants relevant to their business.
- Business advisory services to understand participating SMEs’ business concerns and help strengthen their business competencies.
- Business diagnosis services to help SMEs identify gaps in their company.
- Diploma holder with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experiences in education sector, Skillsfuture subsidies, programme management will be advantageous.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Possess good level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Meticulous, eye for detail.
- Keen on process improvement and efficiency.
- Possess a service mindset.
- Independent worker and a team player. Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Able to generate, populate and interpret data and report with in-house application systems
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University