Assistant Manager, OCBC Arena - Singapore Sports Hub
As part of the Venues team and reporting to the Assistant Director, the position of Assistant Manager, will support the establishment and day-to-day operations of the OCBC Arena. Working closely with stakeholders, partners and the community at large, the successful candidate will support and lead the team to deliver the operations of the venue on both a day-to-day and an event mode basis for the benefit of the public of Singapore, elite athletes and visitors.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the venue event and daily operational matters including:
- Manage six multi-purpose indoor halls for events up to 3,000 spectators including sports, community and corporate activities.
- Deliver highly professional service to hirers, internal partners and colleagues.
- Efficient, meticulous and methodical approach to working, within a team environment.
- Use of applications such as CAD, EBMS and other systems.
- Ensure all internal stakeholders are kept informed of event details.
- Operational administration tasks and functions as and when management require.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities that will evolve within the general job scope.
General Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with promoters/hirers to understand their needs and the nature of the event, to provide support and a clear understanding of the venues in order to deliver all events successfully for both the Sports Hub and the promoters/hirers
- Support the Assistant Director with venue operations plans, venue handover exercise; ensuring input and support from various partners and a coordinated plan for the management of the venue
- Work on operational and service checklists alongside venue lead. Ensure these are completed thoroughly, with attention to detail focusing on service led issues and a drive for continuous improvement
- Ensure all relevant commercial obligations are appropriately managed and delivered, so as to deliver maximum value for Sports Hub and the promoters/hirers
- Effective and efficient management of all staff working within the department, ensuring a high level of service delivery
- Work alongside the facilities management team to ensure the venue readiness for event day. This includes regular checks on cleanliness and maintenance to ensure the highest standards are met
- Ensure Global Spectrum (GS) and SportsHub Pte Ltd (SHPL) meet all contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to venue operations
- Review and work on venue SOPs with venue lead
Essential Qualifications and Personal Characteristics/ Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university is preferred but not essential
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience within event operations and planning, or the management of an arena, major stadium or mixed entertainment environment
- Proven industry experience, with a major events background
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in positive, developmental leadership and training of teams
- Strong attention to detail and thorough planning and organisational skills
- Ability to effectively handle and resolve customer (client and guest) requirements
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressured environment, with competing priorities, stakeholders and deadlines
- A strong understanding of customer needs and drivers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong oral and written communication, proficient in English
- Working hours are either 8:30AM to 6:00PM or 9:00AM to 6:30PM, Monday to Friday.
- Unique morning/evening and weekend hours will be required at various times.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD