Assistant Manager/ Manager, Centre for Teaching Excellence
- Assist the Director to manage the day-to-day office operations and general administrative matters
- Review, and recommend improvement to office administrative policies, systems and procedures
- Monitor the Centre’s budget and expenditure to stay within appropriations
- Handle the necessary paperwork and processes to ensure timely payment to relevant parties
- Manage the procurement of goods and services for the Centre
- Manage the Centre’s assets and inventory and ensure timely supply or replenishment
- Manage office renovation and facility management matters
- Manage recruitment process, plan and prepare for any manpower requirements / changes.
- Provide events management support to the Centre’s teaching and learning events, including venue sourcing, vendors management, engagement and liaison with speakers, arrangement of travel and accommodation needs, event publicity and registration, food and beverage catering, preparation of event materials/ resources for participants, logistical requirements and support, and collation of post-event feedback for reporting to stakeholders.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Centre’s programmes and initiatives.
- Administer the Centre’s staff welfare and training funds, plan and organise events to promote team collegiality
- Organise and provide secretariat functions for the meetings of the Centre
- Bachelor Degree, with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Administrative experience and good working knowledge in human resources and finance, preferably in an institute of higher learning.
- Meticulous, strong coordination and organization skills with an eye for details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer-orientation in terms of the ability and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver value-added experiences
- Good interpersonal skills
- A good team player who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive / Google applications (e.g. Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Proficient in SAP System (preferred)
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University