Assistant Manager, IT Risk Audit
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 12-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Working with the IT Audit Manager, he/she must plan, perform, supervise, and coordinate the completion of assigned audits (mainly focusing on Information Technology General Controls audits, and regulatory/integrated IT/operational audits) of a moderately complex nature in accordance with approved audit programs and departmental and professional standards in established timeframes.
- Assist in establishing risk based IT audit work programs to effectively evaluate operations, based on best practices, regulatory requirements, and the operating environment.
- Observe and examine transactions, documents, records, reports, and procedures; prepare audit work papers recording and summarizing data pertinent to assigned audits.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining adequate controls to safeguard company assets.
- Demonstrate teamwork by responsively cooperating with other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Work closely with internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns as they relate to audit assignments and the general operation of the department.
- Reviews the work of other team members and challenges their understanding of audit areas and processes to assure adequate coverage.
- Communicate appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of fieldwork with regard to audit findings.
- Prepare formal written reports covering the results of audits and present audit findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations to management clients. Assist other internal auditors in maintaining excellent management client relationships.
- Lead, participate in, and monitor work assignments to ensure timely completion of project; conducts thorough review of work papers and report drafts prior to submission to department management.
- Perform follow up procedures to ensure agreed upon actions plans have been implemented by management as directed.
- Coordinate effectively with global audit team to complete global projects as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Assist with training of staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects under the direction of the Vice President and/or Executive Director to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Assist with the management and direction of assigned staff to ensure completion of regulatory compliance and operational audits within departmental and professional standards in established timeframes.
- Assist with staff scheduling of assignments based on skill levels needed for specific audits/projects.
- Establish and maintain (or assist with) a quality assurance program and develop and maintain working department audit manual.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in information technology, accounting, business or related field.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of progressive experience in IT audit.
- Prior experience at a “Big Four” public accounting firm highly desirable.
- Certification required in at least one of the following: CISA/CIA, and desirable in PMP, Prince2, CFE and/or CISSP.
- Possess a proven record of leadership skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to coach and develop employees.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements desirable and auditing or security administration experience in iSeries and Windows environments preferred.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with Management, team members and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, level of commitment and ability to cope with complexity and change.
- Exhibit executive presence and the ability to communicate effectively to Senior Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Teammate experience a plus.