Assistant Manager - Events and Membership
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, execution, administration and marketing of events, conferences, overseeing operation of membership activities, recruitment and retention of members, managing membership services and benefits, database management and public relations duties.
He/she will be responsible for the overall management of events and conferences including conceptualize, planning, budget management, sponsorship sales and partnership management. Able to work independently or lead a team
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and essential job functions of the incumbent include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Events Management
- Ensure that all events (including annual, regional & major events), for both membership and organisation are successfully developed, produced and executed from proposal stage to final delivery according to timeline and plan.
- Develop and monitor project estimates to ensure revenues and expenses are kept within budget.
- Supporting in generating and driving sponsorship sales for all events
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and to ensure effective communication amongst all parties.
- Manage the production of event and conference related sales, promotional and marketing collaterals, including flyers, sponsorship deck, eDMs and newsletters (print and digital).
- Develop affiliate marketing, prospecting and securing partnership collaborations as well as sponsorship sales.
- On-site inspections to coordinate all amenities and accommodations including site selection, venue setup, F&B, transportation, audio or visual equipment.
- Oversee and manage the overall logistics for events, conferences and project activities.
- Manage database and registration process, including on-site registrations, to ensure accurate registration data, name tags and fee collection.
- Prepare and provide post-project analysis, budget recaps, debriefing sessions and participants’ feedback.
- Plan and co-ordinate outreach activities such as events, conferences, guru talks and road shows
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Overall responsible for identifying and developing internal and external strategic alliances to recruit members and increase membership base.
- Develop membership retention strategy including the development of new and improved membership benefits.
- Recruit and ongoing sourcing for new merchants and partners as part of growing membership benefits.
- Overall in charge of ensuring membership database is up-to-date, and also supervise coordination and processing of membership applications, membership renewals, and expirations.
- Overall responsible for the growth and yield of membership.
- Manage membership correspondence and materials.
- Maintain membership standard operating procedures and implement the necessary internal control.
- Oversee the timely production and publishing of the Institute’s magazine “The Singapore Marketer”, including but not limited to art direction, project management, scheduling, planning, writing, editing and sourcing for article/interview contributions from industry marketing gurus.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by management.
- Diploma/Degree in events/conference management, business, marketing or related field with at least 5 to 8 years of working experience.
- Able to work independently and lead a team
- Working knowledge of membership sales and events sponsorship sales is a must.
- Good negotiating skills with vendors
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to take direction and input and to develop effective and engaging events to achieve the organisation goals.
- Able to work independently and influence as well as coordinate the efforts of other team members in support of events and conferences.
- Analytical and meticulous to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment.
- Pleasant personality with good presentation and communication skills.
Marketing Institute of Singapore