Assistant Manager - Butler Services
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 19-Jun-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Conduct daily briefing to ensure important information and updates are shared among team members
- Monitor daily butler operations ensuring that tasks are carried out and guest requests are attended at the pre-determined standards.
- Resolve issues pertaining to guest’s negative feedback and manages the complaint efficiently to maximize guest satisfaction and communicate to Manager and Service Management for any necessary follow up
- Solicit feedback directly from guests; record feedback and use established documentation and circulation to identify operational improvements
- Handle meet and greet of Suite guests & VIPs
- Audit Butlers’ Suite Orientation and Turndown services to ensure established standards are met
- Work closely with other relevant departments such as Front Office Groups, Guest Relations, Paiza Services, Housekeeping, Facilities and In-Room Dining to prepare for future VIP arrivals
- Manage the operations of the Butler Command Centre
- Monitor activities in both front and back of the house; report any suspicious characters, items and/or activities to Security Department
- Constantly reviewing the necessary for operational improvement and recommend to higher management.
- Responsible for motivating, disciplining and counseling of Team Members appropriately and in ensuring their job skills are constantly being improved and developed
- Be conversant with all areas of the Butler Services Department including FIT, Group and Casino reservations; can be assigned to certain specialist areas to manage at any one time
- Communicate to Team Members departmental updates, issues and guest-related matters
- Establish assess, conducts and maintains appropriate performance appraisals (in relevant areas) as according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels
- Supervise, train, schedule, mentor Team Members and perform evaluations and make fair recommendations on confirmation or promotion.
- Respond to guest comments, requests and complaints in a timely and professional manner; take personal responsibility to resolve issues where necessary.
- Disseminate and clarify understanding of all new promotional packages, rate plans and product information associated with these programs.
- Maintain close liaison with all other Departments so as to have a good understanding of other Departments’ operational flow, thus ensuring seamless guest services throughout the hotel.
- Attend scheduled departmental meetings as required.
- Contribute ideas to improving the operations of the department, not limiting to just front line operations. Update the Managers on any operational issues for the betterment of the department.
- Attend training sessions as and when scheduled
- Be familiar with the local community and famous events in town. Appropriate recommendations can be made to guests to enhance their stay in MBS and Singapore.
- Report and document special incidents that command management’s attention; incidents may include vandalism, fight, fire, abuse, accidents, etc.
- Be aware of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), practices and reinforces safety guidelines.
- Forecasting to better facilitate manpower and costing allocations.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the Manager
- Minimum GCE O Level.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management from a recognized institution is an advantage
- Minimum 1 year experience in the same capacity
- Excellent guest relations and communication skills
- Advanced understanding of housekeeping, food and beverage including in-suite dining, wine and spirits
- Fluent in English and any additional language is an advantage
- Proficient in the use of Property Management System
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Candidates must have a good command of spoken and written English. Mandarin/Cantonese Speaking is an advantage.
- Pays attention to details and have strong customer service skills.
- Mature, meticulous, resourceful, organized and able to work independently.
- A team player and takes initiative to assist other Team Members when required.
- Have impeccable follow-through; and “Can Do” attitude and mindset.
- Be willing to work any day and any shift
- Well-groomed and professional disposition.