Assistant Manager (2-year contract), Lee Kong Chian School of Business
- Payment and Collection
- Understand and adhere to the procurement and collection policies.
- Able to provide advice on procurement and collection processes when necessary.
- Manage financial payment matters, including purchase order creation, administration of payments and claims.
- Process payments for faculty, adjunct, speakers, teaching assistants.
- Manage student billing and payment collection.
- Administer the billing system, collection system and adhoc manual processes.
- Budget and Forecast
- Assist in annual forecast, budget and year end operations.
- Prepare budget and forecast related templates, provide support during budget briefings.
- Master various financial systems mainly SAP, Prophix, POJ.
- Administer, update, create and setup in OASIS student web portal, eLearn, Cvent event system, Qualtrics and FACETs surveys of programmes.
- Schedule courses, set up and administer elective selection/BOSS biding.
- Process student enrollment, Leave of Absence, credit transfer and processing of exam results.
- Programmes Management
- Support in student reimbursement matters and accounts receivable.
- Assist in procurement of goods and services, including obtaining quotations.
- Provide operational and logistic support for events and overseas segments when necessary.
- Office Administration
- Manage asset allocation, tagging, disposal and conduct university wide annual asset verification exercise.
- Assist in staff onboarding and offboarding processes, hiring processes when necessary.
- General office administration, archiving and procurement of office equipment.
- Update finance related dashboards regularly.
- Other Duties
- Other ad-hoc duties and projects assigned by supervisor
- Diploma / Degree with relevant work experience, preferably acquired in the education industry.
- Have a good understanding of finance processing concepts.
- Prior experience will be advantageous.
- Some prior technical IT training or experience working with IT systems/applications commonly used in the education industry would be preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; proficient in Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Independent and a good team player.
- Adaptable and a quick learner.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University