Assistant Logistics Manager (Local Distribution)
Location: Boon Lay
Industry: Beverage Manufacturing ( MNC)
Salary: Up to $5,500 (Basic) + Allowances
This is a permanent role.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location On Time In Full, to the quality required and in the most cost effective way. Oversees the distribution and transportation of goods from production plants, warehouses and to the consumers. Dependent on the size and structure of the organization to plan and oversee the whole process or may work in part of the chain.
Assistant Logistics (Distribution) Manager Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure all completed orders are dispatched on time OTIF
- Ensure products are delivered appropriately to ensure quality of goods during transportation
- Ensure that all drivers understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry loads to customer destinations
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Provide vital communication and good relationship with internal and external customer
- Allocate and manage staff resources planning according to changing needs
- Analyse and resolve delivery issues in a timely fashion and outline problem recommend solution
- Plan, analyse the need 3PL support an manage delivery performance
- Ensure that delivery team inspect goods to be delivered to ensure that they are in the right quantity and quality.
- Ensure that workers adhere to industry standards in dealing with clients, to promote rule of law and avoid practices such smuggling and overloading to avoid accidents
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes to improve frequency
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, deliveries modes, product volumes and report results to others.
Update and Submission Report
- Daily tracking and truck utilization
- Fuel and efficiency
- Monthly order fulfilment
- KPIs performance
- Other operational report as assigned
- Ensure that company transport vehicles are well maintained, clean and in good working conditions
- Use supporting tool GPS tracker monitor driver transit and report if suspect or sot poor driving attitude or suspect additional mile
- Responsible for the reporting of all vehicle damage or operator abuse
- Work closely with the 3PL maintenance company to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack od routine maintenance
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs, review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environment policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff
Recruitment and Training
- Assist in the selection, supervision and development of subordinate personnel
- To ensure there an orientation/training provided for new employees
- Ensure employees by putting in place safety measures to prevent accident
- Proactively improve process functioning and strive for enhanced levels of efficiency
- Continually provide improvement plan and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
- Use IT systems/TMS to manage route planning, delivery times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Understand, work with sales team and possibly help to develop e-commence
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or hub and advise of cost implications and efficiency
- Adhere to company standards and policies in addition to all regulatory requirements
- Support and implement company initiatives to achieve performance, quality and safety metrics
- Minimum Diploma / University degree in Logistic and/or Supply Chain or its equivalent
- Possession of excellent time management
- Ten (10) years of working experience in Logistics, Third Party Logistics and Warehousing
- Good analytical, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent human relations skills to be able to work effectively with all members of the logistics team, getting them to perform optimally
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery
- Good communication skills to understand the details of clients’ deliveries, and pass instructions to team members to carry out without erring
- Attention to detail, he/she must be mindful of even the little details of an assignment
- Basic understanding warehouse operation and inventory management
- Proficient in MS Excel and Power Point
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please submit your updated resume in Word format by using the Apply Now Button.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Email resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
People Profilers Pte Ltd, 11 Collyer Quay, The Arcade, #13-01, Singapore 049317.
Tel: 6950 9722
EA License Number: 02C4944
Registration Number: R1111371
Posting Personnel: Tiffany Ong Meng Yen
Job ID: 9XY88Y
People Profilers Pte Ltd