Assistant IT Manager
- Join a leading loyalty and benefits company
- Maintain smooth function of daily BAU operations and IT Infrastructure
- A role that will accelerate your career
Our client is a loyalty and benefits company and has developed initiatives for global brands within Financial Services, Travel, Retail and other sectors to acquire, engage and retain their customers. With offices across the globe, they are committed to establishing a strong relationship with their clients through the successful delivery of innovative solutions
In this role, you will be managing the daily BAU operations, monitoring on-premises & cloud infra, managing IT infrastructure and providing resolutions and consultancy to local and overseas teams.
Your responsibilities include :
- Managing MS Windows, RHEL, Oracle Linux, Centos, MySQL, Oracle and Sharepoint 2003 server and Project server 2016
- Managing the VMware vSphere and vCenter as well as Cisco switches, wireless Access Point and controller, Juniper SRX firewalls
- Managing the Pulse Secure VPN appliance in user management, troubleshooting.
- Monitoring backup, restoring and trying to recover from local or cloud backup with Knowledge in Veeam and Commvault backup
- Performing vulnerability scan with Tenable on monthly basis and patching the servers based on the report.
- Handling Active Directory and Virtual Servers in VMware and on the cloud
- Monitoring the servers, virtual machines, applications using server monitoring tools e.g. PRTG
- Supporting end-users from local and overseas offices and providing after office hours support for critical business projects.
- Managing the server drivers / firmware update on physical servers’ time by time and performing server patching/windows firmware upgrade
- Bi-weekly meeting and reporting to local director / different teams’ lead for the infra usage
- Resolving escalations with urgency and independently
- Driving improvements in change and incident management
- Vendor management and follow up maintenance contracts
- Assisting in IT Audit through self-assessment checklist or onsite audit
- Maintain documentation of all IT systems and ensuring it is up to date
- You have a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 3 years experience in an operational environment/Datacenter/support team lead function
- Professional certificates e.g. OWASP, RHCE, CCNA, AWS will be an advantage
- You have experience in Firewall / Router configuration, VMWare operation and Cloud server setup
- Experience in managing Active Directory. MS Windows and RHEL Linux OS as well as managing MS Sharepoint server 2003, Sharepoint online and Project Server 2016 is required.
- Knowledge of Cisco switches, AP and controllers as well as Juniper SRX firewall and VPN appliance is an advantage
- Expertise in networking and troubleshooting tools e.g. NPM, ARP, AvgRTT, Portprobe, traceroute is mandatory
- You have knowledge of Oracle database (administration), of Java-based application (installation)
- You ideally have an understanding of the retail payment/banking industry.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud is an advantage
- You are a self-learner and are able to solve problems within a short period
- You work smartly and efficiently to avoid hours lost on unnecessary incidences
- You are willing to upgrade technical skills on new tools & cloud stacks
- You possess strong analytical skills and communication skills
- You are able to work independently and under pressure
- You are comfortable working outside office hours to support overseas teams. Reasonable time compensation will be provided.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd