Assistant Hotel Manager
Reporting Superior Title : Hotel Manager/ General Manager
Subordinates : Guest Relations Officers (4 pax)
Coordinates with : Hotel Guests, Inter departments, inter/affliliated hotels.
Responsible in ensuring hotel operations smooth running and satisfying hotel guests’ needs through attending to their enquiries and providing solutions and good customer service. Identify operation gaps and improve hotel review ratings across all OTA, TripAdvisor and social media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth operations by preparing roster and arranging shift cover for last min leave/ medical leave.
- Check all emails and OTA messages are being replied promptly within a day.
- Check all payments are being charged for non-refundable bookings and cancellable bookings are being charged based on the cancellable policy.
- Check no outstanding payments for in-house and check out guests.
- Ensure accuracy of daily reports.
- Provide training to new joiners.
- Covering shift when necessary.
- Checking and monitor of inventory level.
- Follow up that all guest’s special request prior to check in and arrange accordingly.
- Listening and attending to guests concerns and complains and ensure their concerns/complains are being dealt with in the best amicable way.
- Checking on OTA reviews and follow up on the complains mentioned in the review to ensure no repeat of similar issue. Compliments the team if there are good reviews mentioning specific GRO/ Housekeeping.
- Bring up the review ratings.
- Checking of daily shift reports and submit to Operation Manager/ General Manager for month end reporting.
- Prepare and tally daily credit card statement from daily shift report and submit to Operation Manager/ General Manager for month end reporting.
- Prepare and consolidate monthly petty cash report and submit to Operation Manager/ General Manager for month end reporting.
- Assist in sourcing for new suppliers.
- Assist in ongoing review of suppliers.
- Assist in cost control for the property.
- Assist in revenue management to ensure revenue target is hit every month.
- Assist Operation Manager/ General Manager in collections of any outstanding payments.
- Fulfill any other duties as and when assigned by the management.
Job Holder’s specifications
- Possesses a Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent.
- Has at least 3 years of experience on managerial role or at least 6 years of front desk experience.
- Must possess integrity and drive.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be highly independent and resourceful.
- Possess good communication and leadership skills.
- Able to correspond in writing with customers, suppliers and internal staff.
- Able to withstand work pressure and guests’ demands.
Hotel Nuve Urbane Pte Ltd