Assistant Foreign Editor
- Join a market leader within Media & Entertainment.
- A role that allows you to make a positive social impact.
- Great work culture.
Our client is Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms. The company's core business is publishing of newspapers, magazines and books in both print and digital editions. It also owns other digital products, online classifieds, radio stations and outdoor media
Be a part of the Editorial team and the Foreign Desk team, where you are responsible to deliver content that matters, anytime and anywhere. As an Assistant Foreign Editor, you are required to provide content for the online and mobile platforms, as well as the features and opinion sections.
Your responsibilities include:
- Selecting, commissioning, editing stories for the paper and its online edition.
- Processing raw copy of the content accurately and succinctly for breaking news, articles, commentaries and analyses.
- Working closely with the network of correspondents and stringers abroad in developing stories and producing original content.
- Monitoring wires, internet and other sources for stories.
- Deciding on the content usage across platforms and editing them accordingly.
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience in journalism, copy processing and editing. Experience on wire agency copy desk will be an asset.
- You possess the ability to assess, write and turn around copy for print and online.
- You are knowledgeable and able to stay updated with current affairs and the latest development from around the world.
- You have the ability to spot good stories, analyses and features on a broad range of topics, including the world of the arts, sciences and pop culture. Experience in dealing with regional political and economic issues is a plus.
- You demonstrate the ability to plan ahead in developing follow-ups and special reports.
- You are able to deal with the 'visual' demands of storytelling via graphics, photos and videos.
- You are a kick-starter and team player who is able to head the team with minimal supervision.
Please apply for the role by using the following link: https://snaphunt.com/jobs/68510802
Snaphunt Pte Ltd