Assistant Director (Logistics Technology)
You will be responsible for leading the implementation of the Information Technology and Automated Logistics aspect of the GLS (Grocery Logistics of Singapore Pte Ltd), a fully-owned subsidiary of NTUC Fairprice. You will lead a team of staff and ensure optimal support is provided to the operational business units so that there is high availability for their application, database and servers, network equipment, system application and software as well as high level of computing security for end-users. You will be expected to drive operational and cost efficiencies in supply chain using technology.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a dedicated and competent technology team to support fully automated logistics solutions for B2B and B2C supply chain business models.
- Drive development milestones across Warehousing, Logistics and Transportation Applications
- Establish high technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and group operations
- Evaluate potential products, solutions and customer needs & insights
- Lead testing initiatives and influence the path to maximum automation
- Provide overall technology strategy and execution for on-going projects
- Manage multiple projects and report to C-Level and Board of Directors
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling and monitoring expenditures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 12 years of IT Technology and automation system experience preferably in Supply Chain
- Strong Project & Program Management experience preferred
- Good knowledge in Warehouse Management System, Logistics & Transportation system
- Team Builder & Leader with hands-on approach
- Resourceful and problem solver
- Collaborate with others from operational divisions in order to identify problems & find solutions
- Strong communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Ltd