Assistant Director/Financial Controller
The hiring organization is an acute-care hospital. The successful applicant will report to the Director (Finance) and discharge full-spectrum general accounting duties.
- Contribute to development and execution of accounting & finance policies, processes & controls.
- Ensure timely performance of accounting functions, including accounts closing and financial & management reporting.
- Drive the controllership function, e.g. budget tracking and risk management.
- Evaluate operating & financial performances to ascertain achievement of targeted outcomes/ KPIs. Propose follow-up actions if needed.
- Ensure all accounting & finance works comply with internal policies, corporate governance, FRS & statutory requirements, and reflect best practices.
- Review work/control processes and systems, with a view to updating and improving them.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g. group shared services, operations) on accounting/ financial matters and projects.
- Be aware of the organization’s activities and initiatives, so as to effectively support them.
- Chartered Accountant of ISCA, with a degree or equivalent professional qualification in Accounting.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in large organizations, including at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- While not mandatory, working experience in the healthcare industry would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with Singapore accounting conventions, practices and statutory reporting requirements is critical.
- Well versed with popular accounting software (e.g. SAP).
- Comfortable with dealing with senior management and external stakeholders (such as government officials).
We regret that we will contact short-listed applicants only.
Orion Consulting Pte Ltd