Assistant Director (1-yr contract), Institute of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- This position is for Institute of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (IIE).
- Consolidate and develop an overarching communications framework for IIE and its respective programmes.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing and public communications initiatives, including but not limited to print, online and social media platforms.
- Develop a strong brand message and ensuring consistency across all platforms.
- Deliver persuasive and differentiated messaging for all prospects across the life-cycle of all programmmes.
- Cultivate and maintain contacts with various media outlets.
- Develop and implement best practices within the marketing and communications team.
- Analyse and understand our target audience and evaluate the effectiveness of various channels.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to engage them in the operation, promotion and identification of opportunities for IIE and the Venture Builder programme.
- Monitor, review and analyze marketing and PR performance regularly and report to management.
- Oversee the development and execution of the venture builder programme to meet the deliverables committed.
- Oversee KPI performance, budget planning and utilization of grant awarded for venture builder programme and communications.
- Degree / Post Graduate Degree in business, marketing, education or related disciplines.
- Minimum 12 to 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Thinks beyond own area of responsibility examining linkages and interactions between different parts of a system.
- Strong knowledge of budget, grant administration and financial management principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across departments and manage a wide range of stakeholders and students effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Up to date with industry trends in the innovation and entrepreneur eco-system.
- Prior experience in the education industry or in a startup will be preferred.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University