Assistant Banquet Operations Manager
At Holiday Inn ® Hotels and Resorts, our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That’s where you come in.
When you are part of the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Holiday Inn we look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one.
Join us as a Assistant Banquet Operations Manager in Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because of this vital role, we are looking for someone who can
- Co-ordinate the day to day operations of the Banquet floor to obtain maximum profit and maximum guest satisfaction
- Supervise VIP functions as required
- Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
- Works with Superior and Human Resources Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include, manpower planning, recruitment, training and development, performance management, roster and leave management
- Greet function organizers on arrival and ensure that their requests are dealt with
- Ensure that rooms/function space are set-up according to guest expectations and banquet event order
- Conduct pre-function meetings with scheduled staff and review all information pertinent to day to day functions
- Inspect scheduled function areas/rooms, table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and proper layout
- Follow up problems which may arise from event order and room allocations and rectify as soon as possible
- Maintain master file of banquet functions
- Oversee all service and set ups
- Ensure all equipment requests are fulfilled.
In addition, you should have the following qualifications and skills that we are looking for:-
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field, with 3 years’ related experience in a similar capacity
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Possesses problem solving, motivating and organizational skills
- A passion for the service and hospitality industry
- Adaptable, determined and someone who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, highly motivated and has excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- A people-oriented individual with strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates ability to interact with the customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts brand belongs to the IHG ® family of brands, you'll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5,221 hotels in over 100 countries over the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG ® and we'll make sure you'll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com or email your detailed resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Holiday Inn® Singapore Atrium