Asia Sourcing Manager / Senior Manager (Engineering Background)
- Leads Strategic Buying Asia (evaluates performance of staff, develops and manages cost centres and budget, disseminate information)
- Develop people reporting to him
- Develop close links and daily cooperation with the Strategic Buying team
- Elaborate and respect procedure and directives within Strategic Buying and Supply Chain Management to improve process efficiency.
- Be an interface to the Product Group’s and R&D to ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities (focus on Asia)
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes
- Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements
- Negotiate contracts with none product and product related suppliers (PR & NPR). Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and T&C’s
- Prepare analysis and statistics to control (e.g. material cost tracking) and support the sourcing strategy and the strategic planning.
- Contribute to the definition, drive the implementation and executes the company’s Supply Chain Strategy.
- Ensure the availability of up to date supply market information.
- Executes commodities allocated to his team (Modules & Part Level)
- Support the Supply Chain Management organization in assuring the on time, cost optimized delivery of material demand.
- Maintain data in ERP-system
- Establish, implement and manage a system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance (SSM KPI’s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Electronics/Mechanical/Mechatronic
- > 10 years progressive experience in similar position of sourcing in a manufacturing environment (preferable in technical-Based).
- Experience in global sourcing (Asia, Europe)
- Experience in supplier qualification, auditing and corrective action processes
- Working knowledge and extraordinary understanding of purchasing process and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to optimize the supplier relationship by combining suppliers and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers
- Proficiency at SAP, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" or visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for job reference: 17097
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671
GMP TECHNOLOGIES (S) PTE LTD