Arts Faculty Technician/technical Executive (drama)
The successful applicant will be an experienced technician and designer with a background in live theatre, who will support the department’s curricular and co-curricular activities. As a member of the Arts Faculty Technical team, he/she will provide support for a variety of activities and events. Activities and events require day-to-day management and progressive improvement of our studio spaces and resources, as well as collaborating with teachers in the production of a number of performances that take place throughout the school year. The ability to work independently in the disciplines of lighting, sound and/or stage management is essential in this role. Applicant should have the ability to manage the storage and supply of props and costumes. Administrative responsibilities are also important, including assistance with the organising of theatre trips, displays, room bookings and supplies for office and lessons.
- Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of relevant experience
- An established background of working in a professional theatre and/or education sector or relevant experience within the arts.
- Competency with computerised lighting desks and sound mixers
- Stage management experience (including prop making) a distinct advantage
- Competency with MS Office, Google Docs, QLab (or equivalent), audio editing software, MS Outlook
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate well and work in a team essential
- Ability to be a self starter and work independently
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will conduct thorough background checks on all successful applicants.
Please refer to “Work at Tanglin” under “Current Job Vacancies (Non-Teaching Positions)” on our website at www.tts.edu.sg for a detailed job description.
5-day week – working hours from 7.30 am to 4.30 pm. Leave entitlement of 30 days. (Scheduled evenings and weekends required as performance needs dictate). Interested applicants, please email with an application letter and detailed resume, stating your current and expected salary, date of availability and contact number to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
CPE Registration No.: 196100114C | Period of Registration: 7 June 2017 to 6 June 2023
Closing date for applications is Monday, 29 July 2019
(Only shortlisted applicants will be notified)
Tanglin Trust School Ltd