Aquatics Director (Stamford American International School Pte Ltd)
Roles & Responsibilities
Stamford American International School is seeking to employ an inspirational Aquatics Director to lead the competitive swimming club program and PE swim curriculum. The Aquatics Director will have overall responsibility for the Swim Program. This will require him/her to work closely with the Athletic Directors office to ensure that the swimming programme coordinates and gels with the overall sports, and academic, programmes offered by the school.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhered to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head or indeed to the Cognita Regional Safeguarding Manager so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.
SAIS has two 8 lane competition pools. There is already a successful swimming programme at SAIS with in excess of 200 swimmers some of whom compete successfully both locally and within the region, in addition to a large Learn To Swim (LTS) program. The Aquatics Director would design and implement an appropriate schedule to cater for a diverse range of abilities and age-groups, from elementary school pupils through to very competitive High Performance Team (HPT) school swimmers, in addition to developing and managing a team to deliver the PE swim curriculum. They will work alongside staff in the Athletics and Activities office as an exemplary component in the SAIS sports programme.
In addition to coaching at various levels with the programme, the role will entail:
Leading the –
• Planning of the annual and seasonal training programmes;
• development and mentoring of the lead swim coach and all other coaches;
• organization of home meets and all overseas trips;
• selection of all swim teams and groupings;
• development of the annual Calendar consisting of internal, external and overseas meets.
• professional development for all swim coaching staff
• PE swim program and the delivery of this program.
Programme design & implementation:
• To draw up and implement a training plan for swimming that aims to ensure that SAIS representative teams are capable of competing successfully against other school and club teams in the region.
• To lead and manage the PE swim curriculum
• To coordinate the overall administration of the swimming programme to include (but not limited to) calendar, meet hosting, meet entries, uniforms, equipment.
• Overseeing the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date registers of all coaching groups.
• Providing accurate attendance details.
• Liaise closely with the lead swim coach and the Athletics office re calendar, budget, squad information etc.
• Organize a Parent Support Group to support the programme’s needs. • To plan and implement pre-season training during the last week of Summer vacation and at other appropriate times in the swim calendar.
• To oversee the delivery of the Development and Age-Group training programmes.
• To mentor any assistants required to work within the programme.
• To line-manage the assistant coaches and ensure expected levels of performance are achieved and maintained
• Coaching as required to lead the program.
• To provide a high level of personal input into all ‘performance squads’.
• To ensure that the most up to date and age appropriate coaching methods and routines are provided for the programme
• Designing and maintaining records of training schedules for squads and individuals and providing current information as required. This may include:
1. Results of ongoing time trials.
2. Team selection for home and away meets.
3. Assessment, recording and reporting on squad members re. squad placement.
• To assist in drawing up the annual calendar of events that provides opportunities for all levels of swimmer. This should include a fortnightly club night, inter-school/club events, and opportunities to travel overseas.
• To attend all meets in which the school participates and, where possible, to support individual athletes at championship meets.
• To provide swimmers, parents, assistant coaches and teaching staff with information and advice on new developments in coaching and training methodology.
• To provide the PE faculty with training and manage the delivery of the PE swim program. In order to create a ‘whole-school’ approach to the development of the sport
• At least 10 years of experience in working with children in Aquatics • An appropriate approach to age-group training focusing on technical competence, team-building and long-term success • Strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A working knowledge of the ‘Hy-Tek’ suite of programmes would be extremely beneficial
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
• Demonstrates the Stamford Values – Integrity, Courage, Ingenuity and Compassion
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent is required
• ACSTA Silver / ASA Level III or equivalent but a Bronze/Level II with experience and a definite potential to inspire our swimmers would also be ideal
• Other Stamford Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
• Parents and Students
• Duties performed within a school environment
• Working hours as per swim squad training requirements, normally 6 – 10am (mornings) 3 – 7pm (afternoons), Saturday morning (two hours of morning training in line with the needs of the programme)
Terms of Employment
• Annual Leave 21 working days
• Medical Benefits: Medical insurance provided where applicable
• Sick Leave/Hosp: 14 days sick leave and 60 days hospitalization leave (including sick leave)
• Probation Period: 3 months from date of commencement
• Referee request: Required
• Background Check: Required
How to Apply
SAIS Job Application form can be found on:
We regret only shortlisted applicants will be notified.