Application Support Engineer | 1-Year Contract Renewable
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 12-Sep-2020
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues, issues resolution and/or escalation.
Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with other level support teams including infrastructure support team members, subcontractors and third party vendors.
Support and ensure that production changes implemented are in accordance to the standard operation procedures.
Provide application support for reported issues and resolve within the stipulated service level agreement (SLA), which include:
- Understanding of the issue,
- Conduct analysis and investigation to determine root cause(s),
- Provide corrective and preventive solution, and/ or,
- Escalate case to higher level support or Technical Support for further investigations.
- Ensures smooth completion of application batch jobs.
- Work on improvements or provide proposals to address recurring issues, close monitoring gaps, and automate/reduce manual work.
- Has 2 or more years of technical experience in IT
- Has an analytical mindset and able to understand business and functional concepts
- Proactive and self-driven and able to work under pressure with a high sense of urgency
- Possess SQL knowledge and able to construct basic SQL queries
- Basic knowledge of programming and has hands-on coding experience of simple applications
- Understands User Interface, Client server Environment, Web Technology, Unix, Windows, Database and Middleware
- Experience with working in a ticketing environment will be an advantage
- Experience with reading Java or .Net codes will be an advantage
- Experience with writing scripts for automation will be an advantage
Bernice Mae Nocum Rallonza EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1442141